Fall 2020: What's Going On at My Family Genie?
Here in New England, the days are getting shorter, the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are changing, and My Family Genie is hard at work.
Besides reading, attending webinars, and working several different cases for clients, here are a few updates and save-the-dates from My Family Genie:
· I will be presenting a webinar, “Making Sense of Your Jewish DNA Results,” for the Utah Genealogical Association on October 27th, at 8pm eastern time (6pm mountain time). Click here to register.
· I can now share that I was selected as a speaker for the All-Virtual 2021 New England Regional Genealogical Consortium (NERGC). I will be presenting on the topic “The Jews of New England,” which will be available in April 2021. More information can be found here.
· My article, “Sorting Out Cousins,” will be included in the section “Successes During Social Distancing” in the next issue of Mass-Pocha, the journal of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Boston.
· I am participating in ProGen 50, which officially begins October 1st! ProGen is a “self-study program enhanced by peer-review of assignments based on chapters from Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards, edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills. This program employs an innovative method of collaborative learning focused on developing genealogical writing skills and business practices.” I also have the added responsibility of Chat Co-Leader to help run monthly discussions in this 14-month program.
· I’m completing another course with National Institute for Genealogical Studies, “Research: Mayflower Ancestors.” It's my favorite one so far, and I definitely am excited to start taking clients interested in researching their Mayflower lineage and assisting with any respective Mayflower lineage society applications.
· In January 2021, I will be attending the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) course “Mother Russia: Research in the Countries of the Former Russian Empire and USSR," and beginning in February 2021, will be participating in the SLIG Academy course, “Forensic Genealogy.”
· The My Family Genie website is getting a bit of a facelift. Stay tuned for updates.
So a lot going on, and I hope that I'll have more to share in the coming weeks with other upcoming presentations, publications, and blog posts. As always, thank you all for your support. Stay tuned.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interesting in exploring your family history. Free initial consultations. Follow me on social media: